If you still haven’t found a gift for your special Valentine this year, maybe one of these amazing fair trade items is just the thing you’re looking for!
1. Mama Ganache’s Classic Red Velvet Box provides 24 pieces of either a classic assortment of creme filled hearts and caramels or a special vegan assortment. Your valentine will surely love these fair trade treats!
2. Rahab’s Paper Beads is a small business in a Nairobi, Kenya slum where bright, detailed beads are handmade from paper. After developing her skills for several years within the walls of Amani, it became clear that Rahab was skilled and creative. With a loan from Amani ya Juu, she had enough to start her own business making paper beads. Today, she employs several of her neighbors in the slum—mostly young single moms who are at risk of turning to prostitution. All of Rahab’s Paper Beads are made of recycled paper. Any girl would be happy to wear one of these gorgeous necklaces around her neck!
3. FTD’s Go Green Living collection features eco-friendly bouquets and organic gift baskets. A bouquet of rich, colorful, fair trade flowers is a beautiful and thoughtful gift to give to someone you care about!
4. Amani ya Juu’s Dukor Clutch was handcrafted using West African fabrics and natural dyes. It represents and supports Africa’s pursuit of peace. This fair trade clutch is perfect for a night out on Valentine’s day!
5. One World Shiraz wine has a deep, red color with aromas of plum, red berry and spices. This fair trade wine shows a lot of berry fruit with assertive tannins and a long, structured aftertaste. This wine would perfectly accompany your Valentine’s day dinner and/or dessert!
If you and your Valentine want to try something different this year and give a gift that can change a person’s life, you can both donate to Fair Trade USA. Fair Trade USA is a nonprofit organization that depends on donations to expand the benefits of Fair Trade to farmers and workers in new geographic locations and product categories every year.