We need fall intern in Dallas, Texas!
Position: Marketing/Resource Development Intern
Status: Part-time Fall 2013 intern @ 10-15 hours per week. Note: Some of the work can be completed remotely, and the intern is only required to come into the office one day/week.
Location: Dallas, TX (uptown area)
Reports to: US Marketing Associate/Recourse Development Coordinator
Amani ya Juu (meaning “peace from above” in Swahili) is a sewing, marketing & business training project for marginalized women in Africa. Amani US is an extension of the Amani ya Juu family, seeking to develop skills and sustainability for all who participate while providing support to sales and communication for the wider Amani family.
The Marketing/Resource Development Intern will work closely with US Marketing Associate/Recourse Development Coordinator to support initiatives and projects. The Amani US staff will be available to guide, set deliverables, and check progress as a means of supporting the intern’s work and project(s). This area of operation is essential for Amani as a self-sustaining not-for-profit organization. The US Marketing Associate/Recourse Development Coordinator will work closely with the intern to set priorities and manage work load.
Priorities have been underlined.
– Create blog posts for Amani ya Juu general blog
– Create and help manage social media posts
– Create tools for volunteers to generate interest in their sales (posters, ads for Amani sales, text for newsletters, ect)
– Brainstorm and test ways to increase our web presence and drive more traffic to our website (Find ways to feature Amani on blogs, fair trade sites, women’s empowerment groups, etc)
– Potentially assist in focus group planning and implementation
– Research organizations and blogs for potential partnerships and promotional activities
– Research local venues in Dallas for educational and sale opportunities
– Brainstorm new strategies for recruiting box volunteers
Web Site Product Management:
– Help create a clean, beautiful, and complete picture of Amani’s products for the online shop
– Assist in upload of products onto web store
– Write product descriptions, insert tags for maximum SEO
Other duties as assigned.
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.